Thursday, July 14, 2011

Getting Jigger with It

Aye aye aye. Well, I can cross of an African parasite from the bucket list. This morning I noticed an abnormal pain/cramping on the bottom of my foot and tried to ignore it because my feet are usually acting up in some way or another (my high arches and strange joints) but the pain presisted longer than usual. I tried to look at the site where the pain was coming from, but found it was at an odd place that is hard to view without a mirror. After some uncomfortable turning and bending, sure enough there it was, a jigger embeded in my skin. A jigger is a type of sand flea that is poor at jumping, so they are found commonly Taking residence on the feet and legs of humans and animals.
I won't go into the gory details of it's removal, but rest assured it is now gone. There is now a rather large open wound on the bottom of my foot that I need to be especially meticulous about keeping clean and free from infection.
That was the highlight of the day at the office. We didn't go to the school today because there were no after school programs planned for today.
I went to TGT, a restaurant to eat 1/2 price sushi with Annie, Sarah, and Ann. There was a beautiful sunset falling into the mountains in the distance. It was a nice evening.

Only one more week here :(
Love,
Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment